What Is Entrepreneurial Education?
Entrepreneurial Education supports students to develop their Capabilities for work and life in a way that values their input, that caters for their diverse needs and interests and – most importantly – allows them to learn by finding and resolving real world problems worth solving. It is a way of educating our students with skills for the future, rather than skills for the past.
This exciting program has been embraced throughout the school with Entrepreneurial and Enterprise opportunities available to students at all year levels through programs such as:
- LIFT (Leadership, Innovation Futures, Teamwork)
- Year 10 Product Development and the Shark Tank Competition
- Year 11 Business Innovation
- Short Programs including:
- Young Change Agents ‘Academy for Enterprising Girls’
- Classroom Activities using Inquiry and Product Based Learning
For more information on Entrepreneurial Learning and its importance to our children’s future, please see the videos below:
Video 1: Professor Yong Zhao, Foundation Distinguished Professor in the School of Education at the University of Kansas
Video 2: South Australia’s Chief Entrepreneur, Jim Whalley
Video 3: Heathfield High School Principal, Mr. Roy Page