Selection is based on a range of criteria assessed in the physical trial, referee statements and student reports which will include:
- "coach-ability" (follows instructions, thinks independently)
- athleticism (power, strength and aerobic capacity)
- excellent hand/ eye coordination
- ability to work in a team
- school reports (positive work habits and striving for success)
High level of physical capabilities, tested by:
- vertical jump
- shoulder throw
- coordination throw test
- agility speed test
*Students are expected to have a high level of cardiovascular endurance, although this will not be tested at the trials*
If selected students are expected to:
- Demonstrate a willingness, desire and commitment to developing their own skills and knowledge within volleyball
- Complete all required theory work and tasks, thoroughly and on time
- Be prepared for each lesson with appropriate uniform, footwear and safety equipment
- Continually strive to improve their skills and knowledge in all aspects of their schooling
- Provide a positive role model for others in their approach to learning, school rules and behavior
- Be active participants in Sports Day and Swimming Carnival
- Be available to represent the school in a range of other sporting events the school offers
- Abide by the spirit and rules of their sport, behave in a dignified manner
- Play in regular Volleyball competitions (Junior League Friday nights) – Non negotiable
- Compete in the South Australian (Adelaide over a weekend) and Australian Volleyball School Cups (Gold Coast for a week in December)
The minimum cost for the first year of the program will be approximately $2700 (subject to change, based on 2023 fee). This includes: uniform, semester fees, end of year tournament, State Cup and the regular Friday night competition.
How do you apply?
Year 7 2024 - Applications are open for limited spaces to students who have already gained entry or are in zone for Heathfield High School.
To apply, please complete an application, please do so by clicking here.